All newly purchased smartphones or tablets shine with a special freshness and purity. But it does not take several weeks, as this pristine purity gradually comes to naught, giving way to small and large scratches. No matter how carefully you treat your gadget, this process is inevitable. Well, that there are several ways to return the shabby surfaces of the smartphone the former glory without visiting the workshop and replacing the screen.
The first tool for removing scratches you will find in your bathroom. Pay attention only, that it should be a normal toothpaste, and not on the basis of a gel. It works like this.
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste on a cotton swab or a clean soft cloth.
- Gently rub the paste with circular motions at the point of the screen where the scratch is located.
- After that, wipe the screen with a lightly dampened cloth to remove excess paste.
2. Vehicle scratch remover
Creams to remove scratches from the surface of the car cover, such as Turtle Wax, 3M Scratch, and Swirl Remover, can minimize or completely eliminate scratches. Just apply the cream on a clean, soft cloth and wipe the screen with gentle circular motions.
3. Sandpaper or grinder
Sounds a little unexpected in terms of removing scratches. But the secret is to use the smallest paper that you can get. This method can be somewhat risky, so before you start processing your phone, it is better to practice on similar surfaces.
4. Baking soda
Baking soda can serve as an affordable means to remove scratches.
- Mix two parts of soda and one part of the water in a small container.
- Stir until a thick, uniform paste is formed.
- Apply the paste on a clean soft cloth and gently wipe the scratches on the screen with a circular motion.
- After that, wipe the screen with a slightly moistened cloth to remove the remaining soda.
5. Children’s powder
Adding water to the baby powder will give you a paste, which can also be used to remove scratches. Use it should be exactly the same as described in the previous paragraph about baking soda.
6. Vegetable oil
To remove very small hidden scratches, vegetable oil works well as a temporary solution. One drop of oil, rubbed into the surface of a time-worn screen, can restore its former brilliance for a period.