2 Ways To Transfer Your SBI Bank Account To Another Branch
Sometimes, you may need to transfer your SBI account to another branch. It
may be because of transfer of job or job shifting or some other reason. Although
SBI banking system is centralized, yet there are many banking tasks which you
can do in your home branch only.
So, in this article, we’ll discuss 2 ways to transfer your SBI account to
Transfer Your SBI Bank Account To Another Branch Online
Log on to the official website of SBI internet banking at
Now, Click on e-Services Tab on Top menu.
From the list, click on Transfer of Account option.
4) On the screen, it will show you the available accounts you have in SBI.
Select the account, which you want to transfer to another branch. Put the branch
code of the SBI branch to which you want to transfer your account. Then click on
“Get Branch Name” tab following which branch name will be shown in the box below
the branch code. Read and accept the “Terms and conditions” and select submit.
On submitting the form, you’ll get OTP on your registered mobile phone number.
Enter that code on the screen.
Now, you have to wait for 7 days to complete this process.
Terms & Conditions To Transfer Your SBI Bank Account To Another Branch
- This facility is available between 08:00 HRS IST to 20:00 HRS IST.
- Transfer of Accounts option in internet Banking Facility using OTP Mode.
- This option would be available only for the transaction of SB account
- This Option would not be available for KYC deficient accounts.
- The option is not available for Inoperative savings Bank Account.
- Transfer Branch should not be of CAG, MCG, CPCs, and any such
- If the customer has more than one account at the transaction branch, and
he/she selected to transfer only one or some of the accounts (but not all).
He/she has to decide where he/she wants the CIF to be kept.
- In other cases, i.e where the customer has only one account or where
he/she selects to transfer all his account, the CIF must be mandatorily
transferred to the new Branch.
- The account number and the CIF remains the same, however the IFSC code
(as it is branch specific) will change. If you have provided the IFSC code
to other institutions like mutual funds (for dividends etc) or income tax
department (for refund), you will have to inform them of the new code.
Existing ECS and standing instructions will have to be revised if there is a
change in IFSC code.
- It may take about a week for the transfer to happen. The new branch name
can be viewed after logging in to your Net banking after a week, which will
validate that the transfer process is complete.
Transfer Your SBI Bank Account To Another Branch Offline
You can also visit your home branch with your ID card, Pass-book, Photo and
fill-up the form there.
In case of any problem, you can call SBI customer care number at 1800 425 3800
Written by: Admin
Rating: 5 out of 5