How to enroll for Aadhaar Card?
Check step by step guide to enroll for Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar card is becoming mandatory slowly and slowly to get Govt. subsidy on LPG, college scholarship etc. To enroll for Aadhaar card, you need to follow 3 steps:
Collect required documents like Identity Proof and Address Proof. click here to get list of permissible documents.
Visit authorized Aadhaar enrollment center of your area with above mentioned documents.
At the enrollment center, please fill your personal details within the form. Your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrollment. You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrolment itself. You will get an acknowledgment slip with an temporary enrolment number and other details captured during enrolment
Wait to get aadhaar card by Indian post at your address or download it online.
Some points to remember on Aadhaar Enrollment
- There are no charges for Aadhaar enrollment or to get it.
- In case you do not have above common proofs, Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead is also accepted as PoI. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA /Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead or by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) is accepted as valid PoA.
- Make sure to place your acknowledgment slip carefully as you may need it in future to download your aadhaar card online.
- Do not waste you time and energy by enrolling more than once. Your second application will be rejected after verification.
- Based on your information provided, your details will be verified centrally. If your application is successful, an Aadhaar number will be generated and mailed to your address.
- The waiting time for Aadhaar may vary from 60-90 days. However, it could take even longer.
- In case your application gets rejected due to invalid data, you will get letter by Indian post mentioning the same and suggesting you to enroll again.
- Click here to find what documents are required to enroll.
- You may also download aadhaar application for enrollment / correction.
- Enrolment Centres where you can enrol for Aadhaar
Written by: Admin
Rating: 5 out of 5