Indifference and reluctance to perform any actions are familiar to many people. If you at least once succumb to these feelings, they will constantly pursue a person. Each time, taking the side of laziness and apathy, to achieve something and make yourself work will be very difficult. Dislike for work and complete detachment to the events taking place around, still no one made happy. Everyone wants to return the desire to enjoy every moment and realize their long-standing dreams. You can cope with this task if you know how to get rid of laziness and apathy.
Determination of laziness and state of apathy
The unwillingness to work and the desire to spend time allocated for the performance of work, at its discretion is characteristic of laziness. A person with this quality does not make strong-willed efforts to overcome various difficulties. Lazy people do not represent value for society, because their contribution to the development of society is absent.
Lax-like state is considered apathy, which is expressed in the person’s indifference to the surrounding people and events, as well as in the unwillingness to perform any actions. It does not appear immediately. At first a person is burdened by work without the possibility of rest, even on holidays, then the state of the oppressed is intensified, irritation appears to everything. As a result, the impact of such unpleasant emotions leads to apathy, which is characteristic of the lack of vitality. Such people have a feeling of emptiness in the soul and of worthlessness. In this state, it is difficult for a person to force himself to even cry, he is too lazy to perform any action.
Distinguish in the crowd of a man with apathy and laziness is quite simple. Such people neglect the rules of hygiene, untidy look. Their apartment is rarely cleaned. People themselves are alienated from society and reality. They close themselves from the surrounding problems in their own world.
Causes of apathy and laziness
Many factors contribute to the development of these conditions.
* The presence in a person of serious pathologies and diseases (AIDS, endocrine and neurological disorders, schizophrenia, Pick syndrome or Alzheimer’s disease).
* Frequent depression.
* Admission of antidepressants or antipsychotics.
* Lack of motivation to do the job.
* Feeling unnecessary action required, which appears at the level of intuition.
* Lack of preparation for unexpected problems.
* Inability to plan with a large daily workload.
* A constant desire to rest.
* Soul feelings. For example, a quarrel with a loved one.
In addition, the prerequisites for the appearance of apathy and laziness are the mistakes of parents in the upbringing of their children. From an early age, a person is programmed to need to be weaned at school, to receive a diploma of higher education and to work only in their specialty. The child does not express his opinion, fearing the condemnation of loved ones. As a result, people without understanding perform all the actions required of them, fighting the laziness that arises. Fear not to justify the expectation of their parents generates a state of depression, and as a result, leads to apathy.
Methods of fighting laziness and apathy
Before choosing a suitable method for fighting the disease, you need to determine the source of the appearance of laziness and apathy. Very rarely, the state of indifference and reluctance to work is due to physiological disorders. In general, apathy and laziness are provoked by psychological factors. To deal with them, you need to apply all your will and perseverance. Only a person with a weak level of attention and unstable to problems get rid of the indifferent state will be very difficult. To help such people developed special ways to overcome laziness and apathy.
How to cope with laziness?
Many people are forced to work another person is much easier than themselves. To cope with your laziness, it is enough to follow the following recommendations:
- Determine the importance of the work required. It is difficult for any person to follow even the most competently written instructions, if one does not understand its meaning and the final result of its activities. In order not to be lazy, you need to know what will happen if the task is not performed within the set time. When a person knows that unwanted work can be done later, the desire to realize the task will quickly disappear.
- A person should motivate himself. Often people perceive work as a routine, which is repeated from day to day. It’s easy to change the attitude to it, it’s enough to determine for yourself and others the benefit and to imagine the joy of its fulfillment. If this kind of motivation did not work, you can go another way. It consists in fear of problems due to work that has not been done. Any of the variants of the development of events at the end of the forthcoming activity can eliminate laziness.
- It should be charged with energy. A person can be lazy because of chronic fatigue. If this is the main reason, then you need to rest before doing a new job for at least a few minutes. Excellent help is switching attention: just walk or do simple exercises. Work at the computer requires a mandatory five-minute break every hour. This time is enough to gain strength and start again.
- Make a plan for the task. Coping with a sense of laziness will be much easier if you break the work into stages and set a deadline for each of them. It is advisable to paint a detailed plan on paper.
- Take the side of laziness. Enough within 10 minutes to do nothing yourself and think only about the work ahead. It is important to exclude during this period all conversations over the phone and communication in social networks. This time is enough to make detailed steps for the work. When 10 minutes have passed, a desire to start the task according to the plan planned in the thoughts will appear.
Recommendations for getting rid of apathy
The main tips that will help a person return a love of life are:
- Succumb to apathy. You do not need to fight this state. It’s better to watch an interesting series and get pleasure from this simple lesson. So you can spend the whole day and the next morning, apathy itself must disappear.
- To analyze the cause of apathy. Most often, the source of this state is hidden in the absence of goals in life. A person needs to know why he works, what he wants and can get from it, which he will achieve in a year.
- Change the environment and surroundings. If there are such indifferent people next to the person, then it will be very difficult to solve the problem of how to get rid of apathy and laziness. The circle of communication among people should consist only of optimists with whom it will be comfortable to communicate.
- It is important for a person to determine the goal in life and write a plan for achieving it in the next 3 years. Using such a personal diary, it’s easier to follow your progress. Time for sadness as a result will not remain.
- Start exercising. During the exercise in the human body, a hormone of joy is formed. This state is able to cope with apathy.
- Start believing in your own strength. This method helps to reassure and again to strive for the best. First, it is enough to recall any school awards or achievements at work. The realization that they are given only the best, helps to cope with apathy.
- Spend time with friends. This will help to relax and get rid of a meaningless spleen.
- Construct and constantly monitor your own mode of rest and work. It is important to saturate your day with moderate work and not stay idle all the time.
- Provide the body with the necessary vitamins and minerals. Proper nutrition and rare use of alcohol helps not only to improve health, but also to normalize the emotional state.
- A person in a state of apathy should protect himself from negative information that comes from the media.
- Listen to pleasant music to relax and accumulate positive energy.
- Get rid of unnecessary and old things. You can change the situation and add new feelings.
- Learn to manage your state. Help in this can read the literature describing the mechanism of the emergence of psychological problems.
When is the doctor needed?
Special techniques for getting out of the state of apathy and fighting laziness can not help all people. Sometimes a specialist consultation is required.
There are 2 main points when you need to visit a doctor:
- Long stay in a state of apathy and laziness. If, within a week or 10 days after the onset of the symptoms of indifference do not disappear, but intensify, then it’s worth taking the trouble and turning to a professional for help.
- A strong manifestation of apathy and a sense of laziness. The main signs of the neglected stage of these conditions include reluctance to get up in the morning to work, lack of appetite, ignoring the shower trip and the rules of caring for yourself. Such manifestations can not be overlooked. It is urgent to consult a doctor.
Leave the state of apathy and cope with laziness will help the therapist or, in the absence of it, a psychiatrist. You can sign up for them at the reception through the contacts of the psycho-neurological dispensary. Contacts of this institution can be found on the Internet. Therapy of apathy and chronic laziness will be carried out with the help of medications.
To return a person joy to life, diligence in work, faith in their strength and desire to realize their own dreams can only be taken in a timely manner.