This article will show you 7 shocking food facts. Not only that, you’ll find some food hacks too here.
1. Baby carrots are just adult carrots that have been checked down to nothing just because people like baby carrots and it’s easier on that way.
2. Airplane food isn’t very tasty because our sense of smell and taste decreases up to 50% percent in the airplane which is the equivalent of having a bad cold.
The reason is the drop in cabin humidity in the airplane. So be happy, if you get fake baby carrots that looks nice at least.
3. Eskimo’s actually use refrigerators to stop their food from freezing
4. Nearly 50% of fountain soda machines contain fecal bacteria. Half of 19 beverages from soda fountain machines in the area in Virginia tested positive for coliform bacteria. Even worse, most of them were resistant again plenty of antibiotic use.
5. Oranges aren’t necessarily orange. The skin of oranges from tropical countries are actually green when ripe.
Then why can’t I find green oranges in my supermarkets?
What you may ask and that’s because most people associated green with unripe. The oranges you buying in supermarkets have been treated with ethylene gas just for you.
6. One of my favorite burger places – Burger King; this is one of the many fast food hacks you definitely want to know about. When you order a burger from Burger King, you have no idea how long it’s been sitting in the warming basket. I mean for all you know the store could have been quiet and the same burgers we’re sitting around since the beginning of the lunch rush.
Well, if you want to make sure that you’re getting the freshest burger possible, order a customized burger. This way they need to make it fresh the way you want it. Even if that means asking for no ketchup and then putting it on yourself afterwards you can be sure that your burger was just made after you placed your order.
7. Get a free water from Starbucks
Bottled water can be really pricey these days. It can cost up to $2 for a 16-ounce bottle. Well if you’re going to get a coffee at Starbucks, ask them to add a venti cup of water as well. They give you the water in the cup for free saving you a couple of bucks and the best part is that Starbucks uses filtered water so you won’t even have to worry about it coming straight from the tap.